Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cheers to Stu's marriage and old friends!

So last weekend I was lucky enough to be able to attend the wedding of my dear friend, Laura (Stu), from college. It was fantastic to see all of my friends from I-O-WAH! Even though not everyone was there, I just kept thinking how fortunate I am to know such amazing people. I met them at a time in my life that I was so young, so vulnerable, really, and so lonely being at school so far from home. I couldn't have been more lucky to join that sorority and meet all those girls. Luck? I don't think so. More, it reminds me that we are put exactly where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there. As much as all of us hate(d) the sorority stereotype(honestly, we didn't really fit the bill) and sometimes loathed the things we had to do as a part of good ol' DDD, we were given an amazing gift--lifelong friends. Everyone has "grown up" (relative term...especially at a wedding) to be such incredible, beautiful, strong women who I am so proud to call my friends. Those near and far, at the wedding and not at the wedding...I was surrounded by truly incredible women throughout my four years in college. Even more special than that, however, was to see how happy Laura was with her new husband, Kurt. What a beautiful couple they are! Another example of being exactly where we're supposed to be, at exactly the right time. She waited to meet the man of her dreams, her soul mate...and that's exactly what they found in each other. Her little sister said it best during her toast..."Laura deserves the best...and Kurt, you are the best". Cheers to old friends, and congratulations to Laura and Kurt!

No comments: