Above: Beautiful Sutton Button yesterday on her fourth birthday.
Below: At 14 months old.
Above: At 10 months old...
Below: Sutton Elaine at two days old.
My daughter how you're growing
and changing every day;
Some day you'll be too busy
to dance, and sing, and play.
It seems like only yesterday
I rocked you in my arms;
and though a tiny baby
I was captured by your charms.
Then in the blinking of an eye
a toddler walked to me,
Those days too are gone now
but oh, how can that be.
Now when I look at you
a little girl I see,
with grown up dreams and wishes
and playing make-believe.
Too soon you will be all grown up,
but I hope you know just where I stand.
I will always be your mother
and by and large your biggest fan.
Four!! Four?? Really?! It's so hard for me to believe it, obviously, as you can see from the above poem that I found and thought fit so perfectly. I am feeling so nostalgic, wondering how in the heck it went so fast. Maybe it's because I don't feel I truly lived in the moment of everything, because make no mistake...life in the Damiano house was extremely chaotic most of the time. It does seem like just yesterday, though, that my doctor handed my little unnamed-for-a-day peanut who was just gorgeous. I remember thinking how blessed we were because not only was she healthy as healthy could be, but she was downright beautiful, just like her sister. And boy, did they look IDENTICAL. We joked in the hospital, while she still had no name, that we could only think to call her Emerson, because that was all we saw when we looked at her...only she had more hair.
We had so much fun yesterday. We took her to lunch at Bonnie Brae Tavern (her choice) and then headed over to Monkey Bizness, where she hosted her closest friends for her birthday party. After that, all of our family came over for dinner and presents, and most importantly, to celebrate the blessing who is our little Button. And, just like her sister, what a blessing she is...



1 comment:
How precious!
Amazing how much they grow and how fast isn't it? You're life is such a whirlwind and then bam it's all gone.
Love the pics!
Happy Holidays!
Michelle
Post a Comment