Sunday, February 8, 2009

5 - 6 - 7 - 8...Emerson's Halftime Debut!!

This past weekend, Emerson got the opportunity to participate in a mini clinic with the pom squad of one of the local high schools. Actually, we heard about it through the secretary at Emerson's school. (Her daughter is the one standing in front of Emerson, to the right...Emerson's left). Thursday night had the clinic after school, and then Friday night, they performed at halftime of the varsity basketball game. Too cute. You can barely hear it, but they danced to a song from High School Musical. As you can see, she may not be headed to Broadway, but she had a fantastic time "cheering" for the high school kids (as she called it). Afterwards she told me, "Mom, that basketball floor wasn't near as big as I thought it would be." I said, "Oh really?" "Yeah...I thought it would be like the one where we see the Nuggets play." Maybe next time...

No comments: