Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Heaven on Earth?

If there is a heaven on earth, we know exactly where it is. We just returned from an incredible 10 day vacation on the island of St. John with our very dear friends, Kelly and Marc. I grew up in GJ with Kelly, and she and Marc live in the Bay Area with their adorable 2 1/2 year old, Laurel. We all took a break from parenting, however, and spent our time there enjoying the beaches, having happy hours on the deck and in the pool, nights out on the town, and most importantly, the company of wonderful friends. We had the most amazing time. Thank you, most importantly, to my parents for taking care of our precious girls. We could have never enjoyed that length of vacation without your help and love. To Drew's parents...thank you for once again sharing your beautiful house with us. We enjoyed every minute of it! And thanks to Kel and Marc for journeying down to St. John, getting away from their busy lives and beautiful daughter and hanging out with us. In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, we have a tendency to put chances like this to get away with friends and no kids on the back burner. I see now why we should make it a priority. Being with someone I have known since I was little, once again I was reminded of how blessed I am to have the friends I have. Kelly and I have been through so much together...it's so great to get together and spend so much time celebrating our friendship. It's also really special, as Drew and I learned a couple of years ago on another trip down there with friends, to share a place that is so special to us with people who are such a big part of our lives. St. John is home away from home for us, now. We have shared so many amazing milestones in our lives there, that sharing it with people whom we love so much is a really incredible feeling. We laughed so hard this week, the kind of laughter that you can only have with those whom you have known for years and years. Soul sisters...that's us. Thanks, Kel, for being one of the best friends a person could ever dream of having. Kenny Chesney, wine tours, and St. John...I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate our summer of good health! Some highlights from the trip: *Francis and Hawksnest *Boat trip in the gremlin to and from Jost Van Dyke...loved the rainstorm! *Dreamy Doug, the driver of our gremlin to Jost...oh, wait...that was just Kel and I who thought that was a highlight! :-) *Soggy Dollar Bar *The Donkey Diner *Cruzan and Diet and afternoon conversations in the pool *Kel and I mastering the art of doing handstands in the pool...we are really good now! :-) *The Beach Bar *The Washer Game at the Beach Bar--Drew was the champ, and I have to say, became a local celebrity thanks to his amazing "washer game" skills *Drew driving the boat into the dock at the Westin (it's okay, babe) *Drew swimming back to the boat with our lunch *Our stop to see the sugar mills Cheers to beautiful beaches and wonderful friends!

2 comments:

erin said...

Great pictures. What a fun trip...can't wait to go back...so many memories on those waters. Glad you had a great time...you deserve it!
love,
erin

Anonymous said...

Best trip ever. Bec and Drew - spending time with you was just what we needed to refuel our jets and celebrate everything that has been great for all of us this year. We love you so much and are now in love with St. John as well. How long until the misting up whenever Kenny Chesney comes on the radio will stop?? We miss island time (and the two of you) so much already. Thank you for a wonderful, wonderful week!