"...nothing compares to the way that I see it when I sit in that old blue chair"...
Welcome to city moments and beach dreams
Friday, July 4, 2008
A quick trip home...
The girls and I headed west last weekend to visit my parents in my hometown. My older sister and her two girls were there, so what a chaotic adventure it was. We had a wonderful time, though. I always enjoy going home and being able to catch up with friends who I have known since I was little. We did all sorts of things...most notable were Moon Farm, the Dinosaur Museum, and then, for the adults, a couple trips to Country Jam. Moon Farm brings back so many memories for my sister and I. I think it was the top field trip location from 1975 - 1985. I remember it being so much bigger! Needless to say, it needs quite a face lift, but the girls enjoyed it. Especially the pony rides. I think we could have all done without the extreme heat and mosquito bites.
On our way back to Denver, we stopped at my parents place in the mountains for the night with the entire gang, which is always fun. The weather was gorgeous, and the kids seemed excited to have a change of scenery. Despite the sometimes constant tiffs between the little ones, the heat, and the mosquitoes (my oldest is allergic...fun!) we had a great time. We are looking forward to a quiet 4th of July weekend at home. Thanks Mom and Dad for a such a fun time!!
When I was growing up, my dad shared all happenings of our family, good and bad, with the listeners of his morning radio show (which happened to be our entire town). So, in keeping that tradition alive, we (I) want to provide our children with the same sort of embarrassment we endured. Having a 6 and 5 year old provides for many experiences...good, bad, hysterical, sad...you name it, we live it. What may seem mundane to many is what makes our life so enjoyable (most days). We love sharing the happenings of our beautiful girls and life in the Mile High City. So come along for the ride...it may be a bit bumpy at times, but we enjoy the company!
This is our sweet Emerson...She is seven and is all girl, loving anything princesses, dress up,...you name it. She loves skiing, swimming, soccer, reading, playing with our dog, and asks more questions that anyone that age I have ever met. Her curiosity is endless...and she will ask until you give her the answer she wants to hear. If not, she'll answer it herself. She is truly a love...a sassy love at times, but a sweet, loving little peanut.
Sutton Elaine
Our little Sutton Button...she is five, and is just as hysterical as you can imagine. She is kind of accident prone (to say it mildly), but is extremely athletic, and will try absolutely anything! She is into whatever her sister is, but will always do it her own way. She is the most snuggly button in the world, who always has a smile, a trick, or lots of hugs and kisses for everyone she meets.
McKinley
Our third child...life wouldn't be complete without this adorable and furry pup. Sweetest dog EVER!
St. John, USVI...our favorite place to be other than the beautiful state of Colorado. Hence, our tribute to Kenny Chesney and his "old blue chair".
No comments:
Post a Comment