Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet Emerson!

Above: Emerson just a few hours old...January 12, 2003.
Below: Emerson at her baptism at my parents' house in Grand Junction...nine months old.
Below: Last night at her family birthday party at our house.
Hard to believe it, but she is SIX! And it seems only fitting to re-post the poem I put up on Sutton's birthday.
My daughter how you're growing and changing every day; Some day you'll be too busy to dance, and sing, and play. It seems like only yesterday I rocked you in my arms; and though a tiny baby I was captured by your charms. Then in the blinking of an eye a toddler walked to me, Those days too are gone now but oh, how can that be. Now when I look at you a little girl I see, with grown up dreams and wishes and playing make-believe. Too soon you will be all grown up, but I hope you know just where I stand. I will always be your mother and by and large your biggest fan.
My sweet Eme...oh, how we love you and wish you the best year yet. But please...slow down and stop growing up so fast!

No comments: