Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sutton arrives in Jr. Kindergarten

There she is...my baby. How did she get so big, too? Guess just like always, it's "monkey see, monkey do" around here, so she has to keep growing up just like her big sister. Today marked day one in Mrs. Ott's Jr. Kindergarten class. Sutton has been counting down since to be in Mrs. Ott's class she was two . Mrs. Ott was Emerson's Jr. Kindergarten teacher and made such an amazing impression on both of the girls. We feel truly blessed that Sutton will be able to have her as well. We saw her once over the summer at a swim meet (in early July) and every day since, the first thing Sutton asked when she woke up in the morning was, "Is today the day I start Mrs. Ott's class?" Well, today I could finally say "Yes!" She is lucky because so many of her friends from classes her previous two years at Mission Hills are in her class, plus a gaggle of new friends. I must admit...my heart hurt more than I thought it would when I said good-bye, but I couldn't help but be excited for her when I saw her eyes light up the first time she saw Mrs. Ott. And I knew it was overwhelmingly thrilling for her, too, as she turned into the I'm-quiet-and-I'm-going-to-pretend-I'm-shy girl (that lasted for all of 2.2 seconds).
Overall, such a fun day for her. She was pretty wiped when she went to bed tonight, but still managed to choose her outfits for the next six days!! What a little sweet pea our Sutton Button is. We love you Sutton Elaine!

Sutton yesterday at her "teacher meet and greet".

With big sister Emerson this morning before school.

With Daddy before we had to say good-bye.

With her incredible teacher, Mrs. Ott.

She jumped right in and started an art project with her friend, Eden.

No comments: