Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Emerson's first day of first grade...already?!

Don't know how she went from being my tiny little peanut with the big beautiful blue eyes, a binky cemented to her mouth, and her gorgeous little bald head to being a big girl just starting first grade, too embarrassed to hold her dad's hand walking into school and even more embarrassed to kiss him good-bye. Really? As happy as I am for her to go back to school (had I mentioned it had been a looooooooooooong summer?), it is such a bittersweet day. She is growing up way too fast and is so independent and old! :-) I couldn't get over how big she looked sitting in her desk, as I peeked in when I was leaving (they wouldn't let us in the classrooms)...I almost cried! That being said, I am SO proud of her and SO excited for all that lies ahead of her this year. She is turning into an amazing and incredible little person, whom I am blessed to call my own. One thought kept going through my head today...just before she was born, a friend wrote a poem that she gave Drew and I as a gift. There was a line in there that said, "Time passes quickly, memories are made. From bottles to diapers, then on to first grade". Well first grade? Here we are...you better take care of my "baby". Love you sweet Emerson ReBecca!!

No comments: